Update and Flood Insurance Meeting | October 8, 2019
• The new FEMA Flood Insurance Rate Map will be effective for the City of Halstad on December 20, 2019.
• Levee upgrades and Hwy 75 road raises will be completed soon, but FEMA will not delay the effective date of the new Flood Insurance Rate Map.
• The new Flood Insurance Rate Map puts a portion of the City of Halstad in flood Zone AE; previously the entire City was in Zone X (certified levy) and flood insurance was not required.
• Some property owners will now be REQUIRED to have FLOOD INSURANCE if they carry a federally underwritten mortgage or loan.
• Flood Insurance policies will be significantly less expensive prior to the effective date of the new Flood Insurance Rate Map (December 20, 2019). Flood insurance policies are effective 30 days after purchase.
• The City strongly encourages property owners to contact a licensed insurance agent to review Flood Insurance options; prior to November 20, 2019.
• Please come to the public information meeting for more information and to get answers to any questions you have!
• Local insurance agents will also be available for questions
If you are unable to attend the meeting, click here to view the presentation slides.
Road Construction Routes (updated 8/22/2019)
MnDOT plans to have Hwy 75 & 200 intersection open on 8/26/19
The City of Halstad is undergoing many street improvement projects this summer. This map will give direction for local traffic to get around. The first phase of our street improvements have started and we will be starting the road overlay late August. We realize traffic will be diverted for the next week with the city street work happening. Zavoral Contracting has removed some of the valley gutters (cemented area between curb corners) at street crossings and will be replacing them August 15, 2019. The new concrete gutters are expected to be closed to vehicle traffic for one week after they are installed.
All area businesses are open during construction season.
The map above represents the open streets and we have tried to show the road closed intersections.
Construction updates will be available at Halstad.com
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we improve our city streets.
Highway 75 Urban Reconstruct project to begin summer of 2019
Click here for complete project information.
Halstad Spring Clean-up | Tuesday, April 23
Business and Citizen of the Year Awards
On Tuesday, March 26th, 2019 the annual Halstad Community Dinner was held. A delicious meal of meatballs, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, dinner rolls and ice cream was served. The City of Halstad's Mayor, Lori DeLong, gave the State of the City Address. Members of the Northwest Minnesota Foundation spoke about the Communities Thrive Program and other opportunities through their organization. Business and Citizen of the Year awards were also given. Halstad's 2019 Business of the Year was awarded to Burley's Tree Service. Halstad's 2019 Citizen of the Year was awarded to Dean Nelson. Thank you to Burley's Tree Service and Dean Nelson for helping make Halstad a great place to live! Also, a big thank you goes out to Todd Westcott and Tony Wolff for preparing a wonderful meal, the community band for the great music and to everyone else who made the Halstad Community Dinner a success.
Dean Nelson and Jessica Spaeth (EDA President)
Kari & Kim Burley (owners of Burley's Tree Service) and Jessica Spaeth (EDA President)
Halstad Community Dinner scheduled for March 26
The Northwest Minnesota Foundation recently selected the communities of Warroad and Halstad to receive grant funding and other supportive services through their new Communities Thrive program.
Click here for the complete article in The Bemidji Pioneer.
9th Annual Vintage Snowmobile Show & Ride to be held February 23
Click on the link below for past Halstad News.