Economic Development Authority
The Halstad Economic Development Authority was established by the Halstad City Council to assist with the development and betterment of the community. The group strives to assist local businesses, encourage development and strengthen and support the community.
Governing Documents for the organization are available by clicking the links below.
The Halstad EDA has three main goals, and numerous objectives within each goal. Each of our activities and programs developed with these goals in mind. We are committed to fostering growth for new and existing businesses. Plain and simple, we are committed to seeing your business succeed. Whether considering expansion or relocation, we invite you to discover the benefits of doing business in Halstad.
- To retain and recruit employment opportunities
- Support local business growth
- Develop a business recruitment strategy
- Encourage entrepreneurial spirit
- Seek ways to collaborate with future leaders
- To ensure a high quality of life for our residents
- Develop strategies to assure adequate housing at various levels
- Seek collaboratives with area health care providers
- Ensure adequate educational opportunities for learners of all ages
- Improve and enhance tourism opportunities
- Leverage and enhance telecommunication services
- Develop recreation and beautification strategies
- To encourage community support and betterment activities
- Collaborate with other groups to host events, gather residents and bring our neighbors to town
- Continue to share the story of our great community
Storefront Improvement Grant Program
$5,000 has been allocated to this program on a first come, first served basis for the 2017 fiscal year.
The Halstad EDA recognizes storefront presentation plays an important role in attracting customers and impressing visitors to the community. The city also recognizes the expenses with remodeling and updating older properties. The Halstad Storefront Improvement Program is a local grant to commercial property owners and renters to assist in lowering the cost of capital improvements that improve the appeal of a building from the public right-of-way.
The goals of the Halstad EDA Storefront Improvement Program are:
Goal 1: Improve the visual appearance of Halstad to visitors and citizens
Goal 2: Assist Businesses in attracting new customers
Goal 3: Provide incentive to new businesses to relocate into vacant buildings
Goal 4: Lower the cost of property improvements for business and commercial property owners
Business Signage Grant Program
The Halstad EDA recognizes storefront presentation plays an important role in attracting customers and increasing visitor awareness to the business.
Guidelines: Approved businesses are eligible for a grant (1:1 match required) towards the cost of a new sign. The maximum grant per business is $500 for approved projects. The grant will be awarded on a reimbursement basis. All improvements must conform to the city’s and/or state’s signage codes.